Holt Road Residential Service
Holt Road is a welcoming residential service supporting five adults with a diagnosis of autism and learning disabilities. The service provides specialist support to adults who have communication difficulties and behaviours that challenge and the well-trained staff ensure that individual needs are met. Staff at Holt Road support residents to be involved in all aspects of daily living and the running of the home.
Holt Road provides:
- large home with bright kitchen and dining area
- individual bedrooms, most with en-suite toilets or showers
- large enclosed garden with a trampoline
- separate ‘calm’ room for residents to relax in
- living room with TV
- 24-hour support with waking night staff
- support to access a range of daily and evening activities
- company bus for residents use.
Holt Road aims to enable the residents who live here to live fulfilling lives and ensure all individual needs are met by:
- encouraging participation in a range of activities and social interactions
- providing personalised support at all times to increase residents skills
- offering a supportive, safe and welcoming home environment
- ensuring the safeguarding of all residents
How we Work
All staff at Holt Road are trained to work with people who have severe autism and support each other to ensure that skills, knowledge and best practice are shared.
Each resident has an allocated key worker, who is responsible for assisting in the implementation of support strategies for individuals and each resident has a range of guidelines and a support plan to enable staff to offer consistent support and constant monitoring.
Staff work closely with all residents spending time with them in various settings to ensure that the highest quality of support is offered at all times.
The staff team are very diverse with a wide range of skills ranging from degrees in Physio Therapy to Auxiliary Nursing which all contribute to enabling Holt Road to offer high-quality support. All staff are trained in using PECs and SKipr as well as ongoing training received at monthly team meetings and training sessions to ensure that staff are kept up to date with changes and updates to policies and procedures.
Holt Road is currently undergoing exciting major changes to create a separate activity space and sensory room available for all the residents to use.
Holt Road is located on a quiet residential street in North Wembley. It is close to North Wembley underground station as well as lots of buses. It is a short walk to the local shops, parks and local sports centre.